I’m all about communication but I have to drop a few simple ground rules, so that our discussions don’t turn into shouting matches that discourage others from entering into the fray.
- You may comment without registering. You can log in how ever your like or not at all. It would just be nice to know who you are if you are going to be an active member of our community.
- You may post anonymously. You can do this but I don’t recommend it. I may change this if it is abused.
- You may post follow up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. Therefore, I would rather receive your comments on my blog than via e-mail. It is better use of my time to address everyone at once than answer several similar e-mails.
- You may disagree with me. I welcome debate. This is not China! However, I ask that if you disagree with me – or anyone else, for that matter – do so in a way that is respectful… OR have mad facts and research to back up your statements. In my opinion, there are way to many people running their mouth without having done the road work. This isn’t a Harper political campaign.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. Freedom of speech gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog. Not mine. So make sure they are awesome! Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, snarky, off-topic, libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from the. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and royalty free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, my goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest and respectful people. I believe* this simple comments policy will facilitate this.
*When I say “believe,” I actually mean “know.”